The 3rd Annual General Meeting of the Monarchs Fans Trust took place at Armadale Stadium on Friday night. Despite the icy conditions a good number of members turned out to hear about the Trust. In another very positive meeting committee members gave a review of our progress in 2017 promoting the sport and fund raising. The Board report and minutes of the meeting will be sent out to members as soon as possible but here are some of the highlights:
- Even including the fantastic sponsorship of Parsons Peebles as sponsors Edinburgh Speedway is an expensive outfit to sustain and the Fans Trust is fundamental to the survival of the club
- The audited accounts were accepted by the membership and detailed that the Trust donated £19,500 to the club during 2017 taking the total donations since we formed to over £50,000
- To date we have collected £2,264.31 from EasyFundraising, literally free money, so remember to use this when purchasing online as we approach Christmas, some of this money is used to fund initiatives like free posters and #EdsTravels
- Scott Somerville who is moving abroad has stepped down from the committee and was presented a Quaich as a thank you for coming up with the idea of the Trust and all the hard work he put into it, Paul Strachan will join the remaining members
- Chairman Len Jones outlined some of the plans for 2018 including a drive to try to increase membership and to help celebrate the 70th anniversary of Edinburgh Speedway
- John Campbell gave us an insight into the BSPA conference and Alex Harkess took the opportunity to thank the Trust and all its members for the invaluable contribution it makes, saying without the Trust we wouldn’t be here.
Following the meeting the 2017 End of Season Draw was made, the winner of the £500 first prize was Alex Harkess. He was presented the prize by Trust treasurer April Beveridge.
Thank you to everyone that bought and sold tickets, another amazing effort from everyone involved raising just under £1,700 for Trust Funds. The other prize winners are listed below.
Monarchs Fans Trust End of Season Draw 2017 Prize Winners
|Prize||Description||Donated by:||Winning Ticket No||Winner|
|2||Apex Hotel – overnight stay for 2||Apex Hotels (Dundee)||00276||Calum Donald|
|3||Veuve Clicquot Brut Rose Champagne and Thorntons chocolates||Lloyd Technology||03197||Ann Dunlop|
|4||Quad Biking for 2||Blacklaw Quad Trekking||00921||Ross McQuarrie|
|5||Jam & Marmalade Hamper||Craigie’s Farm||02108||Terry Stone|
|6||Two bottles of single Malt Whisky||IP Integration||01757||David Bell|
|7||CBT Voucher||Saltire Motorcycles||01378||Alan Lough|
|8||Bottle of Champagne||Bob and Morag Miller||03590||Gillian Smith|
|9||4 Hospitality Tickets for an Edinburgh Monarchs match in 2018||Edinburgh Speedway||03522||John Tulloch|
|10||4 Hospitality Tickets for an Edinburgh Monarchs match in 2018||Edinburgh Speedway||00027||Jeroen Snitcher|
For the 2nd year in a row Ken Lewis sold the most tickets and received a t-shirt as a thank you for his efforts.